Monroe quickstrut??

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

not on the rug

Monroe quickstrut??

Postby not on the rug » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:04 am

Hey guys. So finally sick and tired of the garbage rancho quicklift and decided to go back to factory height.

Was thinking about the monroe quickstruts up front (and probably monroe shocks in the rear), but have read mixed things about the quickstruts giving 3/4"-1" of "lift" in the front compared to the old springs in the back. I obviously want the pathy to sit level when I'm done.

I already have the airlift bags in the back to tighten it up, and I feel like that provides a tiny bit of "lift." Will that be enough to keep me level or should I replace my rear springs as well? If so, what do you guys recommend? OEM? 4x4 parts medium duty?

flat6symphony

Postby flat6symphony » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:53 am

I run the Monroe quick struts up front and I have the stock springs with the Airlift in the rear.

The quick struts raised the front a bit but its closer to a 1/2" at most once they settled in. This could be the regular stock height as my OEM front struts were beat. I have a forward "rake" with my airbags at 25 PSI so I don't think the quick struts will level you out.

I've had the quick struts in for about 6 months and i'm unimpressed with them. They are better that stock but not by much. I'm planning on upgrading to Bilsteins in the front to stiffen it up more. Like yourself, I'm not looking to lift, just improve.

Side note: I removed my third row seating so there isn't much weight back there which could be why my rear sits higher with the air bags at 25 psi.

00pathySE

Postby 00pathySE » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:52 pm

flat6symphony wrote:I run the Monroe quick struts up front and I have the stock springs with the Airlift in the rear.

The quick struts raised the front a bit but its closer to a 1/2" at most once they settled in. This could be the regular stock height as my OEM front struts were beat. I have a forward "rake" with my airbags at 25 PSI so I don't think the quick struts will level you out.

I've had the quick struts in for about 6 months and i'm unimpressed with them. They are better that stock but not by much. I'm planning on upgrading to Bilsteins in the front to stiffen it up more. Like yourself, I'm not looking to lift, just improve.

Side note: I removed my third row seating so there isn't much weight back there which could be why my rear sits higher with the air bags at 25 psi.
Little better than old worn out stock or little better than new stock? Thanks.

flat6symphony

Postby flat6symphony » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:00 pm

Same as brand new stock. I bought them off RockAuto.com and they have them labeled as "Original Ride Quality" which I'd say is pretty accurate.

not on the rug

Postby not on the rug » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:33 pm

I'm fine with stock or slightly better in the front. The oem front is actually not bad, it's the rear end of the pathfinder that suffers

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”