Electrical Issue

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

Verdict

Electrical Issue

Postby Verdict » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:45 am

Hi All,

I hope someone on here can assist with this.

Last night I noticed my radio light blinking while driving and was nervous about a possibility of the truck stalling while I was driving. It was raining pretty good and thought of possible water issue causing this. Remembering that the mechanic had recently changed the harness to my passenger side fog light I turned my fog lights off on a guess, and the blinking and flickering stopped. As a test I turned them back on, and it started it again: so of-course I turned the fog lights off.

Originally I noticed the one fog light was out and I tapped it, which made it come back on. So I thought the harness harness may be loose. Upon checking, I noticed it had some burning and melting on the harness. I took it to the mechanic and he swapped it out stating the car had no signs of a short. All was fine will last night, and I am wondering if there could be a short, or just possibly water seeping in between the harness and light.

I have not had a chance to troubleshoot due to the rain, but was wondering if anyone on here had any ideas.

Return to “R51 General Chat”