The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
p0430 and Techron

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nismopath

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject: p0430 and Techron Reply with quote

I just pulled a p0430 code on my pathfinder. It could be a few different things but catalytic converter / o2 sensor is probably causing it.

The odd part is.. just last week i put in a bottle of Techron Complete w/fuel system cleaner in.

1. Could the Techron have messed anything up or caused this code to come up. Do you think it is just cleaning up the sensors and will go away or could it have actually caused an issue? Or not related at all ?

2. I found some catalytic converter additives.. is it to soon to test something like that out since I just used the techron ? If so, how long should i wait until i can add.
palmerwmd
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same thing happened to me after adding the Berryman Chemtool ( which is much harsher then techron).

Techron is usually quite safe.
It could be related or unrelated.
If related it might go away by itself.

I would do some more driving before I worry about replacing sensors.

Clear it and do some driving.
if it comes back clear it again..
and again..

Only if it still comes back after a couple weeks of this would I consider replacing sensors.
I waited for 1500 miles (probably too long)

It was the sensor not the cat in my case.

A broadly similar problem we ran down here on ThePath

http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=16024&start=0&sid=218d332be0b9d0fbfc42bc1606344939

2012 V6 4WD, in Grey over Grey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: