The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Lost Navigation Card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kidbooo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:11 am    Post subject: Lost Navigation Card Reply with quote

Hello everyone,,
We are thinking of purchasing a used 2016 Nissan Rogue equipped with a navigation system. Unfortunately the original owner lost the Navigation SD card. The navigation system will not work without an SD card.

I've read on several sites that each SD card is tied to a specific "head unit" and that you have to buy the card directly from the dealer.

I've also stumbled on the Nissan Navigation website and I was able to get to the checkout without ever being asked for a serial number. I sent them an email stating that I had lost the Appvalley CyberGhost ExpressVPN original SD card and asked them if each card was tied to a specific unit. They said "...The SD card is not programmed to a specific navigation system. The map update for your Rogue does not require you to enter a Serial number to place an order. ..."

The dealership quoted me >$900 and said that each card needed to be paired to the vehicle. The website said the opposite and sell the cards for <$200 shipped.

Could it be that in older models the card was tied to a specific vehicle, but in the newer model they aren't? Will the navigation system work with the $200 card from the website?

Has anyone had any luck with ordering from the website? Or is going through the dealer mandatory?
palmerwmd
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also curious if someone knows.. Smile

2012 V6 4WD, in Grey over Grey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: