08 cabin filter cover

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

weaver

08 cabin filter cover

Postby weaver » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:04 am

I'm posting this to maybe save others some time and hassle. My 08 SE seems to be at the very point of the 07-08 production changes overlap. (Mines' production date is 08-2007). Searching for parts I have learned that most part #s cross over, however some fall through the cracks between 07 and 08, such as the filter cover. The covers' description had to be interpreted; some parts sites listed it as "cover, heater core", or "front cover" in their diagrams. Front cover? This thing's at the back!?! Of course with mine missing (bought in Jan., just now noticed) I wasn't sure what it even looked like to compare. And the tiny squiggly line drawings on the diagrams are no help. On the many sites I checked I couldn't get a clear answer on which part mine needed, alot of conflicting information. One site said a certain # was what I needed, others said it wouldn't fit. I have used NissanPartsDeal.com for most of my orders, so I took their part # and looked it up on ebay to maybe get a picture of these differnt #s. Of course all of the listings said it wouldn't fit my 08, but I found actual pictures of the conflicting part #s. The cover listed for 08 looked too long for my app, definately wouldn't fit. The one picture of NPDs # looked like it might work, so for $16.63 shipped I rolled the dice. When I got it the label said "filter cover assy" ( which is the desc. I searched for in the beginning, the part sites descriptions don't match!), THANK YOU, geez, all of this for a cabin filter cover. Shoudn't be such a frickin' project. Anyway the part # is 27122-EA000. The retaining tab on the hvac box was broken (probably why cover was missing) so I picked up some u-nuts from O'Reilleys, Dorman part # 961-320D, "M6-1.0,M8-1.25 Metal Clip Nuts, U-Type" for $3.99. I used one of the M6 nuts (fits right in the slot on the mounting area) and an M6-1.0x16mm bolt with a washer. Perfect fit. Maybe like my 03 Trailblazer (cross-over production year) and my 83CJ5 (end of prod. year) Nissan was using up previous year parts, so I might have an 07 hvac assembly. Doesn't matter, just need to know for crying out loud. I'll know if I find the # molded on the housing some where. The best part (sarcasm) was that the dirty filters were installed backwards and upside down, that with no cover meant alot of cleaning in the air box. It could also explain why the cabin air temp sensor was packed with so much crud (the sensor with the thermistor and fan under ignition switch). Just part of the bonding experience with a new ride, undoing previous hack-jobs.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”