Need help taking off the rear bumper

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

LR61

Need help taking off the rear bumper

Postby LR61 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:27 pm

Hi, over the winter I managed to back up into a VERY solid snowbank. It ended up putting a good sized dent into the rear bumper, so I was wondering if anyone knew how I could take the bumper off in order to bang the dent out?

Thank you

ssobol

Re: Need help taking off the rear bumper

Postby ssobol » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:19 pm

LR61 wrote:Hi, over the winter I managed to back up into a VERY solid snowbank. It ended up putting a good sized dent into the rear bumper, so I was wondering if anyone knew how I could take the bumper off in order to bang the dent out?

Thank you
I'm not near my vehicle right now so I don't remember if it is plastic or not (the front is). On other cars that are plastic I have had good luck with a heat gun and pushing from the backside of the piece. Sometimes you have to take some panels off or get them loose to be able to reach the back face of the dented piece. This method works fine if there are no sharp creases in the plastic. Use the heat gun to get the area about as hot as you can while still being able to touch to push on it. The dent will come out pretty easy.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:04 am

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”