Chasing down multiple electrical problems..HELP!

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

jfarm24

Chasing down multiple electrical problems..HELP!

Postby jfarm24 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:05 pm

I have a '97 SE that I have had since about 03. Never had a problem at all until about '13 when I kept blowing distributers. Got over searching for the issue until this year when I realized there was a short that was blowing them. Straight wired that (3 kids don't allow for much time) but I have had many issues beyond that. All fuses checked out fine and most were replaced due to age anyways. Wipers would not work and I traced the issue to somewhere between the relay on passenger side and the motor (straight wire with inline fuse provided power and it works fine now). I am getting no power to the radio. The blower motor is working but there is no power coming to the compressor. Last but certainly not least the OBD port is not functioning. I am thinking I might have a ground issue but have no clue where to start as I cant find a diagram anywhere to help me. Any ideas?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:32 pm

Wiring diagrams are in the Nissan factory service manual for your vehicle. You can find them here:

https://nicoclub.com/nissan-service-manuals

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”