The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Factory Alarm System Sensitivity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brock31

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject: Factory Alarm System Sensitivity Reply with quote

2011 Pathfinder Silver.

The alarm system will activate when a loud clap or thunder occurs or even if a car with aftermarket exhaust starts up next to it.

I'm assuming there is a shock/impact sensor somewhere that can be adjusted?

Any ideas?
Brock31

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody?
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think the factory alarm had an impact sensor. That's usually a feature of an aftermarket system.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
Brock31

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it.

Dealer installed option. Many Xterra have them as well.

Under dash above gas pedal tied in with the BCM.

Definitely not aftermarket as the system is armed with the Nissan key fob.
Local dealer was baffled as well and couldn’t explain why the alarm would go off by impact or sound. Claimed that the only way to activate the alarm was to attempt to open the door with the system armed.

Always a good thing when you can save yourself a trip to the dealer!
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just because it's activated with a Nissan key fob doesn't necessarily mean it's a Nissan system. It could just be working off the BCM, which receives the signal from the key fob. I'm still suspect that it may be a dealer-installed, aftermarket system.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
Brock31

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brock31 wrote:
Found it.

Dealer installed option. Many Xterra have them as well.

https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts/nissan-impact-sensor-k~999m2-vw001.html

Nissan part number 999m2-vw001.
Impact sensor
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! I stand corrected! From what I gather, the part was about $70 from Nissan (over the counter) and seems to piggy-back the BCM. It also looks like it was only available for a few years and it's a discontinued part, now. It was used in other Nissan and Infiniti models, as well. I have a suspicion that it's probably a pretty rare option on an R51.
Brock31

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took a lot of digging to find not only the sensor itself but info on it.

Fortunately i was able to read a few of the numbers on the sensor that led me to a post on an Xterra site that had a picture of the sensor itself.

I had contacted my Nissan Dealership 3 times (they didn't respond until the third time) and the service manager swore up and down that 1) there was no shock sensor and that I must either be attempting to open the door or activating the alarm with the fob in my pocket ....or 2) That it was an aftermarket alarm and that I didn't know what the OEM fob looked like.

I spoke very slowly and explained the circumstances that would activate the alarm (no door opening....sound only) and that yes..in fact, I did know what the OEM fob looked like....lol.

Either way....I adjusted the sensitivity knob down and the alarm hasn't been a problem since.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 Electrical All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: