Bose System hard factory reset

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

dukeofdirt

Bose System hard factory reset

Postby dukeofdirt » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:59 am

I am experiencing the loss of memory ie. station presets, clock, etc. I've heard about a Bose "hard" factory reset but I can't find out how to do it. Anyone out there know what I'm talking about?
Thanks

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:42 am

I've never heard of it while as a Nissan tech or otherwise. The only thing I've ever heard of people doing was disconnecting the negative battery cable for a couple of minutes. Bose Corp. does have a contact page where you can e-mail or call them; perhaps they can help you out? I've had good success when I've contacted them with questions:

https://automotive.bose.com/contact-

The problem you're having is not an unknown issue. There is a 7.5A storage fuse that you should check. A couple of people with similar problems have found the fuse was blown. Others were no so lucky and I'm not sure if they ever did figure out the problem?

dukeofdirt

Bose system hard factory reset

Postby dukeofdirt » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:53 am

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I've found out some more info. BOSE supplies the speakers and amps, BUT, the head unit is by Clarion. BOSE has no info. on the head unit. I disconnected the battery overnight and everything in the radio was saved!!! How is that possible??? The only thing not saved was the correct time (but it was only off by a few minutes). A local car stereo shop that I trust suggested getting in touch with LKQ, an auto dismantler. Sure enough they have LOTS of headhunts from wrecked Pathfinders and Armadas so I've ordered one to hopefully solve my issues. I'll post my results when the unit is installed. Thanks again.

Return to “R51 Electrical”