Program New Keyfob

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

TXFinder

Program New Keyfob

Postby TXFinder » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:18 pm

Anyone had luck with the procedure below? I spent about fifteen minutes and couldn't get step 2 to work. My hazards never flashed. I was using an original key from an original keyfob, trying to program a new one. In and out rapidly many many times. Then slowly many times. Never a flash from the hazards. Suggestions??

ID CODE ENTRY PRODCEDURE

Step 1) Sit in drivers seat, close and lock all doors.

Step 2) Insert key into and remove it from ignition key cylinder more than six times within 10 seconds.
(Hazard warning lamps will then flash twice).

NOTE:
Withdraw key completely from ignition key cylinder each time.
If procedure is performed too fast, system will not enter registration mode.

Step 3) Insert key into ignition key cylinder and turn to ACC position.

Step 4) Push any button on remote controller once. (Hazard warning lamps will then flash twice).
At this time, the oldest ID code is erased and the new ID code is entered.

Step 5) Do you want to enter any additional remote controller ID codes?
A maximum of four ID codes may be entered. If more then four ID codes are entered,
the oldest ID code will be erased.
If you do not want to enter any additional remote controller ID codes, go to Step 9).

Step 6) ADDITIONAL ID CODE ENTRY
Lock all doors with LH (driver side) lock/unlock switch
(in main power window and door lock/unlock switch).

Step 7) Push any button twice on remote controller once, (Hazard warning lamps will then flash twice).
At this time, the oldest ID code is erased and the new ID code is entered.

Step 8) Do you want to enter any additional remote controller ID codes?
If so, unlock doors then repeat Step 6) and Step 7).

Step 9) When complete, open door, and check operation of remote.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:59 pm

I answered this on your other post, but as I re-read this one, I noticed you stating that you "were using and original key from an original fob," which suggests that you do have the Nissan Intelligent Key system. In that case, the procedure won't work. It is only for those with regular key ignitions with separate fobs.

It'll work if you have this type of remote:

https://www.amazon.com/YITAMOTOR-Compat ... s9dHJ1ZQ==

But, not if you have this type of remote:

https://www.amazon.com/2007-2012-Pathfi ... Pathfinder

TXFinder

Postby TXFinder » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:52 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have the type in the second link. So what is my best course of action? Dealer, or do non-dealer shops have the capability? But, read below, please.

I was using this service manual for the procedure. It provides directions with and without Consult-II. It doesn't mention having any variances in keyfobs, or intelligent key. It only refers to "the keyfob" in the entire document. So, I'm a little confused.
http://www.thenissanpath.com/filelib/R51/Service/BL.pdf

TXFinder

Postby TXFinder » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:10 pm

I may have answered my own confusion stated above.

Possibly the manual I was referring to does not cover 2010. It appears to have a 2005 date on it I didn't catch.

So, back to my question, best course of action? Dealer, or are non-dealer shops capable?

Thanks for the help.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:23 pm

If I'm not mistaken, that's a 2005 service manual that you're referring to and the Intelligent Key didn't come out until 2007 for Nissans (I'm not sure what year they started it in the Pathfinder). Intelligent Key fobs are usually programmed using a CONSULT III scan tool or a similarly capable, generic scan tool or key programmer, but Dorman Products has come out with a kit. Check out this YouTube vid and see if it looks similar to what you have:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjXzDJ8kNFY

TXFinder

Postby TXFinder » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:54 pm

Your right, it is a 2005 manual. I found a 2008 manual and it had references to Intelligent Key. I haven't read it all yet.

Mine is different than the youtube video. Mine is not push button start; I have to turn the cylinder, but no key required if the fob is in proximity.

Looks like I'll be calling around to see if a non-dealer can do it.

Return to “R51 Electrical”