The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Heater core leak

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetstream87

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject: Heater core leak Reply with quote

So this weekend I was driving home from work which I notice the gauge of the temperature climb 3/4 of the range. I was able to park the car and open the hood to find out it was spilling coolant (water since I did not had coolant in the system) so I tried to manage to determine where was the leak coming from. Notice it was from the heating core hose (top one). I went to autozone to get a universal hose (heating hose) purchased about 3 feet. The hose may not be perfect but after installing it with new clamps (purchased from Autozone) the leak was not present anymore. I did notice that I get light smell of coolant after the car has been driven for a while (my case 12 miles) and notice dropplets of coolant coming from the engine. Can anyone advise me what other thing can it be as I cannot see any leaks from the back at all.

http://photobucket.com/confirmation?token=D2Pn%2FnBj6gwurHALXlGXSIQ5z%2FZArEafBUoGAxgXCqegRPBTBGJR82sXwUTLa7wKHvz5ApH%2BkA%2F0hN3CR%2BhhgJUDqX2FIayu
[/img]

[img]

[/img]

[img][/img]
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be any of a number of things. There are a few coolant hoses under the intake plenum that could leak. An external head gasket leak or an intake gasket leak could be an issue. A freeze out plug could be leaking. Only way to know is to get a look behind there or have it put on a lift so one can look from underneath to determine where the leak is coming from. A pressure tester could be helpful in finding the leak.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
jetstream87

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smj999smj wrote:
It could be any of a number of things. There are a few coolant hoses under the intake plenum that could leak. An external head gasket leak or an intake gasket leak could be an issue. A freeze out plug could be leaking. Only way to know is to get a look behind there or have it put on a lift so one can look from underneath to determine where the leak is coming from. A pressure tester could be helpful in finding the leak.

True that I did put pressure on the hose that is located on top of the heating core hose and did made a hissing sound. I switched it and let it come up to operating temp and ran it. It did not leak like before at all - just when I turn it off it just drops coolant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: