New to forum and path

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Jameszer

New to forum and path

Postby Jameszer » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:14 pm

Hey guys I'm considering on picking up an r50 pathy for a great price, however it's been sitting for 3 years and I plan on doing a full tune up if I pick it up as well as new coolant system and brakes and fluid. My problem and question is, the guy jump-started it and it revs but dies.. obviously a new battery is need but is there any thing to check to get it to run? I'm bringing new gas, anything else?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:01 pm

Mentioning the year would help, because the VG33E is very different than the VQ35DE. Sitting is never good on any vehicle and there is a good chance that stale gas could be the problem. If it's the VQ, an idle air volume relearn may be necessary. Fuel pressure could be an issue. Rodent damage to wiring can cause problems. A sticking IAC valve could be a concern. Also, when sitting, rubber or neoprene seals, like those used in the master cylinder, brake calipers and automatic transmissions, can be affected. The fact that is fires up is a good thing, so I would concentrate on the fuel system for now. Also, once you get it running, I would service the transmission fluid, as well.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”