New Pathfinder Owner, Should I Worry?

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

tater

New Pathfinder Owner, Should I Worry?

Postby tater » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:56 pm

Hello everyone,

New member of the forum. Looks like a great and helpful community of owners.

I just bought a 2005 Pathfinder SE with 136k miles. So far I love it! I was aware of the radiator and timing chain tensioner issues. Upon checking, the transmission fluid looked nice and clear. The previous (original) owner appears to have been meticulous.with maintenance and seems to have had any work done that the dealer/mechanic suggested. Timing chain, tensioner, and water pump were replaced a couple thousand miles ago. She also had the radiator replaced back in 2014 at 101k miles.

Needless to say, all of this made me quite happy with purchasing the vehicle even with the known few quality issues. However, I still can't shake the radiator paranoia. A blown up transmission is not something I want to have to deal with. She gave me the service records for when the dealer replaced the radiator. Since I can't figure out how to upload images on mobile I'll just quote the text from the service records.

"REPLACING RADIATOR TO PRTECT TRANSMISSION. 100 ENGINE."
"1 35584 A/M RADIATOR 250.00"
"PARTS 250.00 LABOR 387.00"

I'd love to hear any opinions. Do you guys think this did the trick? I called the dealer and they said they knew about the problem and if it was done in 2014, then they would have installed an updated radiator. I can't, however, find a part number anywhere on the new radiator so I can't compare with the part numbers that have been previously posted on this forum. Is there a chance the dealer would have installed a radiator that would be prone to failure?

Sorry for the long post, I'm just paranoid! Thanks in advance!

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:42 am

yep I'd say your good.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:59 am

It seems like they installed an aftermarket radiator, which is fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”