Rear Alignment Fix - Off-Set Coil Bucket Bushings

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

Would you be interested in purchasing this kit?

Yes, willing to pay $100 for the kit
100%
Yes, willing to pay $75 for the kit
No votes
Not worth it at all.
No votes
I would rather pay $XXX.XX for a complete bushing kit that includes Front and Rear upper & Lower Control arm bushings, shock bushings, body mount bushings, differential mount bushings, etc.
No votes

Total votes: 3

Skylar1692

Rear Alignment Fix - Off-Set Coil Bucket Bushings

Postby Skylar1692 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:47 am

Just trying to see if anyone else would be interested in an off-set bushing kit for the rear lower coil bucket of the R51. I know I have had to replace my bushings twice already, like many others have. This bushing kit would replace the stock bushing that the rear toe cam bolt often gets seized inside of. Plus it would give even more adjustment for lifted vehicles over 2†and help maintain proper alignment. I’m working on having the prototype bushing made now and would need a group buy of at least 25 to have the kit for around $100 or 50 or more people to have the kit below $75. This is an easy DIY project that you can do in the driveway yourself or have your local shop do it for you.
I will be using this bushing kit in conjunction with the “Off-Set Rear Upper Control Arm Bushing†kit sold by 4x4parts.com. Link to their product is here… https://www.4x4parts.com/i-22756999-rea ... hings.html currently this kit is $165 and worth every penny if you need your rear end aligned properly. This kit sold by 4x4parts.com will keep your alignment in spec with their springs, which give approximately 1.75†of lift and the Rancho spacer which provides another 1.75†of lift, for a total of 3.5†of lift, or any other combination of spring / spacer which doesn’t exceed the 3.5†spec. The coil bucket off-set bushing should hopefully push out the bucketand change the angle of the coil bucket enough to gain another inch or two of lift while maintaining proper alignment.
The only other option I can think of is to have a custom coil bucket fabricated. Any suggestions / comments / tips / tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”