New user from Alberta

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

NRK

New user from Alberta

Postby NRK » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:04 pm

Hello all, new member here. I’ve had a 2005 R51 since new and recently did a fair bit of work for an 8000km round trip to Tuktoyaktuk. I got a lot of value out of reviewing the forum as I made decisions about what I’d do to the truck. In the end I rebuilt the chassis with Moog problem solver bushings and joints, rebuilt the suspension with OME springs and nitrocharger shocks and struts, replaced the still serviceable radiator with a more robust CSF, and took care of some basic maintenance items like spark plugs, brakes, synthetic fluids, hoses, belt and tensioner. I also pulled the deck and installed a Pioneer app radio.

The truck performed really well on the trip. Everything held up fine, even on the 1600km of rough gravel and muddy trail. Overall I’m really impressed with the platform.

It’s up to about 200,000kms on the odometer now. I think I’ll be able to keep it going for a long time with routine maintenance. thought I’d sign on and try to participate in the forum instead of just freeloading. [/img]

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:49 pm

Welcome! We're glad to have you aboard!

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”