Gas pouring out when trying to start

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

matteson5150

Gas pouring out when trying to start

Postby matteson5150 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:03 am

Hey everyone, I have an interesting situation. My 2007 Pathfinder has been working fine, I drove it to work, got off work and went to start it and it wouldn't start. A buddy got my attention and said I had gas dumping on the pavement every time I tried to start it. I looked and sure enough, there was gas everywhere. I tried once more so I could get a good look at where exactly the gas is coming from but it is just in the general area of the gas tank. I had the truck towed home and have been doing some research and have found nothing. I work overnights so I will attempt to take a look once I get off in the morning. Just thought Id ask and see if anyone else has had this issue. I feel like its a fuel line that is broken but that's just a guess. Obviously when its trying to start its forcing gas out from somewhere. I only have a quarter tank of gas, so its not full. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:38 pm

It could be a busted fuel line or maybe the fuel line disconnected from the top of the fuel pump module on the top side of the fuel tank. It shouldn't be too hard to find. You might need a mirror to see the top of the tank; it's kinda tight up there!

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”