The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
2014 Pathfinder: Struts and Shocks Recommendation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R52 Suspension and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yawo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject: 2014 Pathfinder: Struts and Shocks Recommendation Reply with quote

Hello - Happy New Year all:

I have been hearing some clunking noises on my 2014 Pathy front end whenever I go over bumps..., accompanied by bumps / bounces. Car has 120K miles on it.

During a complementary check with oil change, one dealer recommended that I replace both lower control arms @ $1100 total, but another dealer didn't report any problems with the arms during their complementary check.

I took the car for a second opinion at Firestone under their complete car care package. They recommended that front struts and rear shocks need replacement, as well as the sway bar link.

I told the mechanic that there was a concern for the lower control arms, but he told me he didn't find any. The technician then took me to the car and showed me that the arms were still ok, as were the ball joints. Since I bought the car new and none of these (struts, shocks and sway bar links) have never been replaced, at 120K miles, I thought it was probably time to replace them.

What after-market struts and shocks would you recommend? KYB, Monroe?

Thanks in advance for your assistance -

best wishes - Yawo
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KYB or Bilstein, if available. Both have a limited lifetime warranty. KYB makes the original equipment shocks and struts for most Nissans.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R52 Suspension and steering All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: