The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
1994 nissan pathfinder turn signal problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KILOBENTLEY88

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: 1994 nissan pathfinder turn signal problems Reply with quote

I have a 1994 nissan pathfinder my turn signals do not work at all when i flip the switch to turn nothing happens, but if i turn my emergency flashers on the lights flash? please help if anyone has ever had this problem i just had a little one and the wifey needs a car to drive but i don't want her to drive with no turn signals. im not good with electrical. all help would be gladly appreciated thanks
Skye

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 1994 nissan pathfinder turn signal problems Reply with quote

Did you ever get this issue resolved, have exactly same issue, signals a no go but emergency flasher a-ok
shaggyT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 1994 nissan pathfinder turn signal problems Reply with quote

Skye wrote:
Did you ever get this issue resolved, have exactly same issue, signals a no go but emergency flasher a-ok

I'm no expert but could it be a blown fuse or maybe the actual indicator stick thing?
Skye

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Shaggy T, changed out the fuse and did manage to get signals although fuse looked good. Now, though, my left front signal, when turned on, also turns on the right signal parking light. go figure. If you are following me, you're safe as rear one work fine. Assume I may have a ground fault somewhere which could have lead to the demise of original fuse, any ideas anyone???
smj999smj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you have a shorted bulb somewhere. Check your bulb contacts as they can mushroom over time and cause such shorts.
2006 Pathfinder LE VQ40DE AWD, aftermarket radiator, Airlift 1000's, Bilstein HD rear shocks, Doug Thorley shortie headers and mid-pipes, Magnaflow 12580 muffler, aFe Momentum GT CAI w/ dry filter, XTP plenum spacer, Superchips Flashpaq tuner
WheatBread

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any resolution to this problem? I am experiencing the same thing.

1993 Pathfinder SE - WD21 - 3" BL, RC UCA's, T-Bars Cranked, JGC Springs,Rear Sway Delete, Rancho 5000's, Thule Roof Rack.........

aka: HeadPeace @ NPORA
Ethan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this problem on my 92. Took apart apart my steering column and blew all the dust out of the connection. Worked perfectly afterwards.
volox

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Ethan says, that can be a steering column switch problem. Sometimes you can blow the dust out to fix it, other times the contacts are corroded and you either have to disassemble and rebuild the switch or you have to replace it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: