Yakima Racks

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

possum

Yakima Racks

Postby possum » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:31 pm

Hi,

I'm from Australia and am looking to putting a roof basket/rack on the roof of my R51. I note that one of the standard Nissan accessories in the US is the Yakima Load Warrior - this is not available down here. I've worked out that even with shipping costs this will probably be cheaper then the equivalent Rhino or Thule tray. One bonus is the Yakima Load Warrior has the universal connectors and will connect to the cross rails on the Nissan factory fitted roof bars. The Rhino or Thule trays require additional cross bars to be bought.

Has anyone got the Yakima Load Warrrior (with 18" extension) and if so are they any good, ie are they strong etc

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:12 am

Possum,

if you visit a gallery I have here: , you can see some fairly detailed shots of the Load Warrior Rack + extension empty and with a load. The tires would have fit flush had I not been in a hurry to get home. They were the stock US size of 265/65r17. Not sure where you're looking to buy from but I got mine from RackAttack. Cheapest price I could find with free shipping and some free goodies tossed in. Nothing spectacular but it was a dry bag for storage up there.

Strength-wise it hasn't failed me. Carried a dresser, plenty of wood and some other crap up there. It is fairly light so I don't think you could toss a chunk of concrete into it without causing some damage but nothing I've put up there has so much as put a chip in the coating. The universal connectors are good, they don't line up perfect but they clamp correctly.

If I did it all over again I would buy one again.
Last edited by blink32 on Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:02 am

Check out my picture/album link in my signature below... Very good quality and finish... easy to install......... Triffid

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”