In-Cabin Microfilters

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

phantom2

In-Cabin Microfilters

Postby phantom2 » Wed May 30, 2007 3:36 pm

I'm a bit confused with this filter.Are there actually two filters to replace and due they come as one unit or do you need to buy two of the same filter?Any help would be appreciated.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Re: In-Cabin Microfilters

Postby Triffid » Wed May 30, 2007 5:04 pm

phantom2 wrote:I'm a bit confused with this filter.Are there actually two filters to replace and due they come as one unit or do you need to buy two of the same filter?Any help would be appreciated.
There are two (2) filters to replace... They come in a pack of two (2)... They are easy to install......... Triffid

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/ ... 99M1-D4005

phantom2

Postby phantom2 » Thu May 31, 2007 6:09 am

Thanks,much

ralphwiggums

Postby ralphwiggums » Thu May 31, 2007 10:31 pm

take the lower glove box out - it's only got 4 screws holding it on. the filter box is behind it.

open the little door, pull out the first filter. the 2nd one will have to slide to the left and then out. if you park under trees, you'll probably find some little leaves in there, so keep a vacuum handy ;)

phantom2

Postby phantom2 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:00 am

I finally figure out where these filters are.They must have made some sort of change.The service manual shows a bolt holding the filter door in place so I was always looking for this elusive bolt.It turns out that there is no bolt but a plastic clip holding the door in place,once I figured that out it was simple.Also I don't have any screws securing the glove box door in place.Squeezing both sides of the glove box allows it to hang down and then there is a cable to disco so that the door drops further down so you can get your whole hand in there.Thanks for the help,guys.Hopefully someday I can return the favor.

LittleStevie

Postby LittleStevie » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:58 pm

I went through the same ordeal, the service manual definitely shows a different diagram than what's actually on the truck.

phantom2

Postby phantom2 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:36 pm

Triffid,thanks for the link to Courtesy Parts.I ordered the filters and they were delivered today.Terrific service from Courtesy.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”