XTP Intake manifold spacer (IMS) F/S!

Member postings to buy/sell anything, from parts to full automobiles. Commercial vendors, ask the Admins first for permission to post.

Moderator: volvite

highaltitude

Postby highaltitude » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:44 am

Peak gains of 8hp @ 5600rpm and torque of 23ft/lbs. @ 4400rpm, with considerable gains between 3600-4800 rpm of 23hp increase & torque 23-33ft/lbs.!

By adding this spacer it creates an extra volume of air and raises the intake plenum up ½” which essentially extends the intake runners. Due to the sharp angle design on intake plenum for the passenger side 3 ports, you can understand why extending the runners with this spacer improves performance. This extension of the intake runners also moves the torque curve down to your lowend power.

If you read some info off of the Xterra and Frontier sites you will find that there are over 200 people running these type spacers will all positive results. The dynos were done by a reputable Jaguar mechanic on his Frontier with the same V6 engine in Texas, USA. Become a beleiver by putting one on your truck, then see if your still a sceptic. I love how people doubt things they have never tried.

I still have Blue, Black and Billet Silver available.

asgard

Postby asgard » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:10 pm

I never doubt I would not survive the electric chair, but I am not just going to sit on it to prove a point.

23 Hp gain is quit a bit.

Is this associated with lots of other add ons, exhaust air filter etc. I notice you have quite an arrangement of after market bits

“Modern cynics and skeptics... see no harm in paying those to whom they entrust the minds of their children a smaller wage than is paid to those to whom they entrust the care of their plumbing.”
JFK

or maybe cars

highaltitude

Postby highaltitude » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:57 pm

If you study the results and what I have posted the 23hp is only a portion of the powerband, its alot like hitting the powerband on a 2 stroke dirtbike, you're only in it for a small bit. The average gain is 8+ throughout. Try it or dont. You obviously viewed this topic as you are interested in gaining performance. This spacer not only gains performance but smooths out the throttle response. The gains achieved with this spacer are with or without the other mods as they were not a factor in the testing. The results were tested before spacer and after spacer, nothing else was added or subtracted during the testing of this product. I have sent about 8+ to Canada and none of those guys have had anything but great things to say.

asgard

Postby asgard » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:49 pm

Thanks for your info - it was just to confirm it was not associated with a lot of additional items I might not want to have.

asgard

Postby asgard » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:51 pm

I have been doing some additional reading on the plenum riser, they make the comment that it can reduce the low end torque and give the additional power above 3000 rpm, did your finding show this, also they talk about a 5/16 and a 1/2 spacer, with the biggest increase using the 1/2 inch, have you done any testing with these thicknesses.

As for the aluminum spacer is the Pathfinder less prone to thermal transfer because the plenum is plastic, would a composite be better?

You show a gasket with the kit or 2 , these are not like the ones on the Nissan engine breakdown section, is this a standard gasket or one you have produced.

highaltitude

Postby highaltitude » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:34 pm

It depends on what reading you are doing about the plenum etc. Is the info exact to our engines or are you reading generalized information pertaining to IM spacers? The spacer is a 1/2" and I actually did try out 5/8" and thinner but stuck with the 1/2". The aluminum is not really a problem as the upper intake is also metal of which the plenum attaches to stock anyhow. The gasket is of one I have produced but is similar to any rubber infused paper style gasket. The OEM Nissan double O-ring gaskets were not needed for this application.
Last edited by highaltitude on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

highaltitude

Postby highaltitude » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:37 pm

Mine have none of those problems by going to the paper style gasket. performs great. I can understand you wanting to learn more about it, but I will say ther eis noone that I know of that has bought one and complained about its performance.

Solid305

Postby Solid305 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:03 pm

:D Order Submitted :D

highaltitude

Postby highaltitude » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:22 pm

Excellent! You'll be very happy with this mod! I'll get that right out!

highaltitude

Postby highaltitude » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:25 pm

I have a couple more available

hmatiak

Postby hmatiak » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:55 pm

Any numbers on the gains between 1500 and 3000 rpm? Thats were i spend most of my time.

highaltitude

Postby highaltitude » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:49 pm

there is actually a considerable gain around 2200rpm+ . The numbers I have are from one members dyno. The actual gains I have seen and felt are like 2000-4000rpm+. I see you have a Frontier, have you been over to Club Frontier? there are alot of guys running this product on that site and the Xterra site.

highaltitude

Postby highaltitude » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:47 pm

Blue, Black and Billet Silver will be in stock by the weekend or so. Custom colors may be available i.e. Green, Yellow, Fast Red (need to chk what else they have) for a small additional fee.

Solid305

Review

Postby Solid305 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:47 pm

I brought one of the spacers 2 months ago and install it about a month ago. I was resistant at first but finally pulled the trigger and i'm glad I did. There's defiantly more power available and the install was a breeze, just have to make sure ALL the connectors are plugged back in. I love the ease of passing vehicles at highway speed instead of romping the gas pedal. Fuel economy stay about the same and it sounds like a beast when the throttle is all the way open. Props to you Gray for being a pioneer in our industry. Highly recommend this install for those of you on the edge.

highaltitude

Postby highaltitude » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:21 am

Awesome glad you got it installed! Anyone else interested LMK, I'm putting together a group buy so I can give a 50.00 discount making it 215.00 shipped! I have Blue, Black and Silver choices available! Quick Shipping!

Return to “Classifieds for Pathfinders and Pathfinder Accessories”