New guy from Brazil - Trying to restore a 1992 WD21

Post a pic of your ride, tell us where you're from, what vehicle your Path replaced, etc etc.

Moderator: volvite

TioFu

New guy from Brazil - Trying to restore a 1992 WD21

Postby TioFu » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:03 am

Hi guys,

My family owns a 1992 V6 SE Pathfinder, but it kinda went to oblivion in recent years due to new cars being purchased. Anyway, I like the car very much, and I'm trying to restore it, but I have several problems surrounding it. First off, I'm from Brazil, and I can't find replacement parts very easily.

I'm very into restoring, and I am willing to pay, if it is not to expensive, the necessary to buy new parts and stuff.

I will post some pics of it later, but for now I will post the things that annoy me about it.

First, sorry because, as I said, I'm brazilian, so I don't know every name of mechanical parts in the car.

The first thing that annoys me is the alternator (is that the name? is the part that converts the combustion energy from the engine into electrical energy and stores it in the battery). It is not working, so I have to, some times, replace the battery with the one in my father's car (a Mitsubishi L200).

The second is that the car, specially when I turn the A/C on, gets very low RPM on idle, which sometimes lead to a engine stop. I myself can handle it easily, because I can brake with my left foot, so it is not a problem for me, but many people can't drive the car because they can't left foot brake.

The engine is "bouncy" at low RPMs, too, which leads me to think into a cylinder failure or something like that.

I will post the remaining problems soon, along with the photos.

Regards,

TioFu

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:35 am

Welcome to the forums!...... Triffid

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:06 pm

welcome.

Return to “New Members, Sound Off!”