Nismo Frontier wheels

Anything relating to Wheels, Tires, and Brake options and upgrades...

Moderator: volvite

Gray

Nismo Frontier wheels

Postby Gray » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:22 pm

I've been wondering if these Nismo 'size: 18"8.5" O' rims would work on a PF, the 0 offset should allow clearance. If they do fit on PF's why would it not be stated as so.

http://www.mynismo.com/products/?id=5384#
Last edited by Gray on Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

BMXPath

Postby BMXPath » Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:07 pm

I've been wondering if these Nismo 'size: 18"8.5" O' rims would work on a PF
Maybe it has something to do with the listing saying "non-VDC?
Just a guess... Dont all Pfinders have VDC? Is VDC optional on Xterra and Frontier?
How would VDC make any difference on fitting anyway?

Those are some great looking wheels!

Gray

Postby Gray » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:41 am

Thanks BMX, maybe the application specs have more to do with how the wheels and truck are run, but no guarantees in case of abuse. I don't think we've used the VDC function since owning the truck. I'll take a closer look.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:32 am

Greybrick wrote:Thanks BMX, maybe the application specs have more to do with how the wheels and truck are run, but no guarantees in case of abuse. I don't think we've used the VDC function since owning the truck. I'll take a closer look.
It isn't anything you "use" by choice. It's just one of those really annoying things that kicks in constantly throughout the winter for me. If I'm driving in snow (streets, not freeway), I shut it off. If I leave the pavement, I also shut it off. I was actually thinking about it this morning as I was heading off to work & the VDC kicked in. It makes the most God awful noise.

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:08 pm

Should be a direct bolt on .... I looked into those a while back but i couldnt get any clear answers as if they were truly a NISMO wheel ... Now I know they are, made by Enkei ( Enkei has a similar wheel out in 6x4.5 ) ... as far as working with VDC ... I cant see why they wouldnt .. I think they were just thinking that a different wheel size may affect it ...but there are a bunch of PF's on 20"+ wheel and that doesnt affect them ... or that the larger tire size would affect it ...
Are you sure they are 0 offset ?? I thought they were 30 ....

Enkei in 0 offset http://www.enkei.com/truck%20specs/RT6.html

Return to “R51 Brakes, Tires, and Wheels”