The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Hi, my name is Carl, I just got a used V8 and...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NmexMAX

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doctahjones wrote:
yeah, i mean i'm only short by 1/4in on each side, i don't see what the big deal is. plus my buddy worked at discount/america's tire all through jr college and he said it's not a big deal either.

just like how the last time i ordered 2 oem tires (i got into a ordering 2 at a time thing) to replace my oems in the front that were getting pretty low on tread. i had already replaced the rears so they were good. i asked if they could go ahead and roatate the fronts to the rear so i could "finish burnin 'em off" (cuz you know, v8 + traction off = easy to leave some rubber). he said they couldn't do that, it's an industry standard to keep the tires with the most amount of tread on the rear. i was like wtf, i'm ordering tires from you today, it will only be like this for 1-2 days. he still couldn't do it. bastards!

I can see their point though, don't want to be responsible, especially a "big" nation wide chain name like theirs.

Along those words, there are plenty of people I know that have been on wider than suggested tires for their wheels with no problems.

Myself included. My winter tires on my car are 235-45's and I've used them on a 7" wide wheel for 2 or 3 years now with no problem and the min. requirement is 7.5". A fellow member has the same wheels with 245-45's and no problem. The minimum wheel requirement for that is also 7.5" for his tires.
325/65-18 GYDT’s / 18x9 Fuel Hostage (-12mm/4.5 BS) / PRG RadFlo 2.5 Extended Coilovers ext reservoir / PRG Long Travel UCA’s / AirLift 1000 / 4x4 Parts Medium Duty Rear Springs / PRG RadFlo rear shocks / TAG Front Bumper w/ Warn M8000 / Rocky Road Super Sliders / 3.36 QX56 Differentials / Magnaflow 18” Muffler & Cajun catless B pipes / Bits & Pieces of the Calmini Lift
RacerZX
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand it being company policy, so it comes down to your personal relationship with the guys at the shop. I've been going to the same shop for a long time, so I can usually talk them into anything Wink

Volvite, I didn't want any lift at all, just stiffer springs, and the 4x4pars rear springs did the trick perfectly. They are just .5" taller than stock when the truck is unloaded, but toss a bunch of gear in the trunk and it's a full inch higher off the bump stops than the weak-ass OEM springs...
Ex-2006 V6 R51 Pathfinder (Supercharged)
volvite
Sponsored Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl,

Thanks for the update on the springs.
What did you do to your Pathfinder thread:http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?p=71760#71760
doctahjones

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RacerZX wrote:
I can understand it being company policy, so it comes down to your personal relationship with the guys at the shop. I've been going to the same shop for a long time, so I can usually talk them into anything Wink

Volvite, I didn't want any lift at all, just stiffer springs, and the 4x4pars rear springs did the trick perfectly. They are just .5" taller than stock when the truck is unloaded, but toss a bunch of gear in the trunk and it's a full inch higher off the bump stops than the weak-ass OEM springs...

yeah i had to pull a favor and go through a friend of a friend. i'm at the shop now waiting for mine to be pulled in. they're going to 'test fit' the tire first, then proceed if they're ok with it. *crossing fingers*
airraid quick fit "cold-ish" air intake
2in rancho 9000XL front / bilstein HD rear / 4x4parts.com 2in HD rear springs
airlift 1000
bfg at 285/65/18
rocky road super sliders
RacerZX
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had my alternator give up at 59,890 miles. On my 2005 I had both alternator and power steering pump die between 60K and 70K, but I was really hoping the newer model with the V8 would prove more robust... At least it died BEFORE my warranty expired Rolling Eyes

Also for 60K I had my fav oil change shop do the transmission fluid and coolant, and will do the power steering when I get some proper redline oil to swap it...
doctahjones

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was thinking about doing trans and coolant next. wouldn't mind doing power steering either i guess.

i'm thinking my trans fluid is about 'done', as i'm getting some weird shifting patterns and delays i wasn't getting ~20k miles ago. nothing -bad- but it will hang for a good extra 1-2 seconds before upshifting, and it didn't used to do that...
airraid quick fit "cold-ish" air intake
2in rancho 9000XL front / bilstein HD rear / 4x4parts.com 2in HD rear springs
airlift 1000
bfg at 285/65/18
rocky road super sliders
RacerZX
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected, not bad alternator, just loose connection to the battery. Paid my dealer $75 for that, plus they did an on over-all omg-my-warranty-is-expiring inspection.

Now that my warranty is gone, just ordered a Volant PowerCore CAI Very Happy
I'll try to do some careful before & after dyno & MPG testing...
disallow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that my rig has over 200000km on it, I actually have an alternator sitting on the shelf. I'm sure its not far away.

Managed to get it for free from a buddy of mine, rebuilt Hitachi.

Did you have new clamps installed? Or did they just do what I did and wedge something into them. Every import I've ever owned has had this issue, the damn battery clamps stretch over time. Hard to replace, too, as there is lots of corrosion preventing you from removing the nut that holds the clamp on.

t

'05 Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 343000kms (213000mi) - weekend warrior, Cortex Superchips on 87 Octane Tune, K&N filtercharger, Airlift 1000, Prodigy Brake controller, 7 pin trailer hookup, Prostart Remote Starter, Cooper Discoverer ATw P265/70/16
RacerZX
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found that the battery clamp will not tighten enough period *if* I don't seat it 100% down on the post. This is maybe a quirk of the Optima batteries, I have no idea, but clearly it's a wee bit thicker down at the base of the post...

Also, got my Volant CAI install, and also added an AEM Filter Minder as well so I can tell when the change that insane "100K mile" Powercore filter. Installation video and etc here: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?p=50357
RacerZX
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just had a couple quarts of fresh Redline D6 ATF flushed into the power steering system. 60K tasks done, ready for the next 60 Very Happy
forgottenzone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi RacerZX.
Its nice to see more members with a V8.
2 years ago when I purchased my 08 pathy there was only 2 other members with V8 in here, so I have not been in here much. I had to do a lot of resurch and hang around Titan/Armada forums. And implemented a lot of thair aftermarket parts to fit the pathfinder. Some fit without any problems others had to be modified.
I see you have done few of my mods, Very Happy.
Here is the picture of my Pathy:

08 LE V8 4x4 B on B Loaded. Mods: Uprev Tuner Ver. 3.36,Diffs F&R,Weight reduction 4,200 lbs,Roof Rack Out,Odessey Battery,Volant CAI Powercore,JBA LT Headers,Cat-Less B-Pipes,Custom Cat Back with MagnaFlow Muffler,UQ Resonator,Pulstar Iridium Plugs.Spal E fans,Cystom Shroud,CFS Dual Core Radiator,TB&Trans Bypass,H&R Springs,Rancho 9000's with Remote adj. Control,Goodridge SS Brake Lines,EBC Sloted Rotors,EBC Yellow Pads,200Amp Alternator,HID Head&Fogs,HD Hatch Struts,Hood Struts.
forgottenzone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Battery connection terminals Reply with quote

Same issue here with the odessey battery.
Very bad oem clamp design. looks like it was made for 1 time use.
I had to completely change the setup.
Here are pics of what I did to make sure the battery connection to the fuse block stays connected:

[quote="RacerZX"]I've found that the battery clamp will not tighten enough period *if* I don't seat it 100% down on the post. This is maybe a quirk of the Optima batteries, I have no idea, but clearly it's a wee bit thicker down at the base of the post...
08 LE V8 4x4 B on B Loaded. Mods: Uprev Tuner Ver. 3.36,Diffs F&R,Weight reduction 4,200 lbs,Roof Rack Out,Odessey Battery,Volant CAI Powercore,JBA LT Headers,Cat-Less B-Pipes,Custom Cat Back with MagnaFlow Muffler,UQ Resonator,Pulstar Iridium Plugs.Spal E fans,Cystom Shroud,CFS Dual Core Radiator,TB&Trans Bypass,H&R Springs,Rancho 9000's with Remote adj. Control,Goodridge SS Brake Lines,EBC Sloted Rotors,EBC Yellow Pads,200Amp Alternator,HID Head&Fogs,HD Hatch Struts,Hood Struts.
Zen_master

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi, my name is Carl, I just got a used V8 and... Reply with quote

RacerZX wrote:

My new girl has 48K miles, still under the power-train warranty, Storm Grey & Brownish/red leather (what is the color called?), LE/NAV/DVD/Bluetooth/all-the-trimmings, here's a weak cell phone pic:

Things on my to-do list, please feel free to critique or suggest additions:

Ordered up the NAV upgrade, and damn it's a dealer installed HDD upgrade instead of an ISO I could try to find online...

Can you explain this in further detail? Is this simply an update to the sites and destinations on the NAV mapping (e.g. ATMs, hotels, gas stations, etc.)?

I recently purchased a 2011 V8 with all the same bells and whistles. I'm now wondering if I need to do something to the factory navigation system after reading your post.
Zen_master

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RacerZX wrote:
Just had my local dealer install the v8.5 2012 navigation update, took them 3 hours though they only charged me for 1. *@#$*

Stumbled upon this and it partially answers my question immedately above.

So it sounds like every now and again the Nav needs to be updated by Nissan, correct? How often do you recommend? And if so, wouldn't this be something that would be included in a Nissan Certified Used Car?
disallow
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Carl,

So do you have any regrets on giving up your old rig vs the V8?

I will probably start shopping for a newer R51 to replace my 05 sometime this year, and the extra power and towing capacity is appealing. Although I would have to shop south of the border in the US to get one...

t

'05 Pathfinder SE Premium 4x4 - 343000kms (213000mi) - weekend warrior, Cortex Superchips on 87 Octane Tune, K&N filtercharger, Airlift 1000, Prodigy Brake controller, 7 pin trailer hookup, Prostart Remote Starter, Cooper Discoverer ATw P265/70/16
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> 2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: