Consumer Reports

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:19 am

BMXPath wrote: As for the gas mileage being bad, I can understand their concern based upon their 15 mpg claim. I imagine C.R. had a new Pfinder as a test vehicle. Maybe it just wasnt broken in yet.
I don't have it in front of me, but I seem to remember that the testing they do is only a couple hundred miles worth. My very first tank saw horrible MPG.
I never average less than 18 mpg... and that is the average of everything.
I'm at about 17.4 MPG overall, but I know last month's snowy conditions & the stop and go (mostly stop) on horrible roads killed my MPG. I'm almost afraid of entering in last month's data.
ALSO, the Pfinder is a Consumer Reports "recommended" vehicle! There are alot of vehicles in C.R. that did not get the "recommended" symbol at the top of the photo. :wink:
Which I also don't understand. If you go by their little red and black circle ratings, there are many vehicles that have a lot more red, but are rated poorly overall. From memory, the Toyota FJ Cruiser is a good example of this. It had red circles for everything, yet was placed at the very bottom of the list.

BMXPath

Postby BMXPath » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:55 pm

Consumer Reports test vehicle was a 4X4. I didnt notice that first time I looked. I have a 2WD. That explains the differnce in gas mileage.

My mistake. Sorry.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”