body (not suspension) lift kits?

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

05pathyse

Postby 05pathyse » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:07 am

Ive got the 2 inch suspension with air bags in the rear

05pathyse

Postby 05pathyse » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:08 am

Ive got the 2 inch suspension with air bags in the rear

BattleWagon

Postby BattleWagon » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:29 pm

I have lifted lots of rigs lots of ways, body, bracket (ie Calmini), spacers, lift struts, AAL, 63" Chevy springs, spacer lifts etc.

I have found that the only way to improve an IFS suspension is by adding long travel, it nets you some lift and adds articulation. That said, the 5100s or a quality coil over is a good compromise. It gets you a little taller stance and a decent strut with some semblance of travel.

A Calmini or any bracket lift will allow you to mount bigger tires and be tall but that doesn't do anything to improve performance just makes you look like a douche to 95% of the public. It raises COG and weakens the components. If its a show truck or just a street machine and you want to waste money and kill your resale value, have at it.

These are great rigs for camping and expo travel, but they are not a good platform to lift or rock crawl. If you want a jacked up Bro Truck, buy a leaf sprung Ford. This is just my opinion, I have messed around with rigs since I was sixteen IFS and SA. Take it or leave it, good luck.

[/img]

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”