Radiator Blow-Up PAthfinder 2002 Se

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

dinopromo

Radiator Blow-Up PAthfinder 2002 Se

Postby dinopromo » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:06 am

Six months ago I was experincing an unusual increase in water temp. I took it to my mechanic after reviewing he recommended to change thermostat and radiator so we did. Two months later this new radiator blew up after the car overheated. My mecanic replaced the radiator under warranty. For 1 motnh everything was OK until one day I was stuck in trafic, water temp. when up again causing the new radiator to blow up once again. My mecanic asked me to take the car to a radiator shop and have the hydrostat test done to determine if exaust fumes are coming into the cooling system. I had the test done and came back negative, no fumes in the water. After changing the radiator for the third time I log on to this blog an read about pathfinder owners complaining about water temp problems related to faulty heating system on the a/c and Bingo. Arround the same time where I had my first Radiator Blow Out, also the heating system stoped working. But since I drive in Puerto Rico the heater in almost never needed, I never thought it could be related. I told my mecanic to eliminate the heating system, placed a hose to by-pass the heating system and the problem disapeared.
At least so far so goot I have rolled for more than 1000 milles in all kinds of trafic without any water temp issues,
Hope my experience can help you,
Sincerely
Ignacio

IanH

Postby IanH » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:25 am

Thanks for your info
What engine in your Pathfinder.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”