Add rear DVD system - What are my options?

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

meegwell

Add rear DVD system - What are my options?

Postby meegwell » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:59 pm

I think I've found most of the common threads on this topic. Hopefully someone has some more specific info to my situation.

I have a 2011 LE w/ Bose/Nav/Back Cam no rear entertainment system.

I want rear DVD and I want it to be clean. I dont think I want "replacement headrests" w/ the dvd/screens for fear of a non-matching vinyle headrest.

I assume a full blown factory OEM install with the dealer would be a waste of $$.

I would like either center single drop screen or dual headrests, if the headrests can be built into the exsiting heads. Anyone have this done that is happy with the results?

Is there a common center system or headrest system that works well in a 2011 pathfinder (I have no sunroof) ? Any experiences there?

What exactly does teh rear ctrl button do (I havent picked up vehicle yet)?

Thanks,

Meegwell

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:59 am

I have a 3 yr old. We had an audiovox DVD/TV combo installed last year. It's been great. It also allows USB input.

RossCarlson

Postby RossCarlson » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:39 pm

Get iPad Mini headrest mounts and 2 iPad Minis (or if your an Android guy go with Nexus 7s). Infinitely more flexible in the long run.

Bruce_Lee

Postby Bruce_Lee » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:17 pm

RossCarlson wrote:Get iPad Mini headrest mounts and 2 iPad Minis (or if your an Android guy go with Nexus 7s). Infinitely more flexible in the long run.
I was actually thinking Google Nexux 10 because of the 10 in screen, or the Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10 in which is much cheaper. Both are cheaper than the apple ipad and just as good for watching movies.

This what I did. Bought a Google Nexus 10 and Samsung Galaxy Tab2. I can't tell the difference with the screens (resolution). They both work great with headrest mounts. Kids have the option of playing games if they don't want to watch movies.

TTheInfamous1

Postby TTheInfamous1 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:48 pm

volvite wrote:I have a 3 yr old. We had an audiovox DVD/TV combo installed last year. It's been great. It also allows USB input.

I was thinking about getting this for my 2012 SE, but from my understanding these units tap into the dome light. Correct me if I'm wrong. My mid section dome sits back pretty far. I mean like just above and a bit before my middle row seat-backs. Am I wrong that it may be too far back for my daughter when she's in the back seat? Or is there any other options like this?

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:34 am

Negative. This was installed right behind the sunroof. My mid row light is behind the mid row, so this unit actually added two more lights into my pathfinder. It works great for my 3 year old in the middle row.

TTheInfamous1

Postby TTheInfamous1 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:36 pm

volvite wrote:Negative. This was installed right behind the sunroof. My mid row light is behind the mid row, so this unit actually added two more lights into my pathfinder. It works great for my 3 year old in the middle row.
Awesome! Thanks for the information. I'm going this weekend to look into it and make a purchase. What model do you have or what would you recommend?

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:16 pm

It's by audiovox and it's a 10 inch screen. Not sure exactly what model.

johnwen

car video DVD

Postby johnwen » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:42 pm

you can consult http://www.happyshoppinglife.com/, they will give you the best professional advice, you will find the one that fitting your model

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”