Transmission software update

The new gas engine 3.5L v6, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

astridmp

2014 Pathinder Platinium - shuddering at 20mph

Postby astridmp » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:44 pm

Hi,

I am new in this forum so please excuse me if this topic already exists.
I purchased a 2014 Pathfinder in October 2014 and the days after I got it I started experiencing shuddering at 20mph and also I could feel the steering wheel vibrates at around 50-55mph.
I told the dealership and they said they needed to "replicate" the issue before to do anything to the car.
Then I researched online and found out that the 2013 Pathfinder had a similar issue.
The sales manager at the dealership, when I told him about my issue said that his wife had the same issue and that he didn't really believe her but now that he had spoke with me he was going to bring back the car to their shop...

It's Januray and my car is still the same. The dealership doesn't even want to give me a car while they "diagnose" the issue and also work on the brakes since I received a recall notification (13V-445) ealier...

Did anyone experience the same thing?

I also noticed a loss of power, the gas mileage is between 15 and 19mpgallon, the engine is very loud when I accelerate and the Rpm in the 4ooo.
Also I use my ipod in my car and sometimes the audio system would show the info about a song when actually I am listening to the next one...

I am very frustated.

thanks,

A

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:05 am

An extensive discussion on this topic can be found here: http://www.pathfindertalk.com/forum/9-n ... udder.html

astridmp

Postby astridmp » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:39 am

thanks you J.

A

pyrophilus

Postby pyrophilus » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:41 pm

Hi,

I am supposed to pick up a new R52 tomorrow, and I have seen the car but haven't taken for a test drive (still had shrink wrap on the steering wheel, which made it impossible to grip it, so I figured NO ONE other than delivery drove it).

Reading about the CVT issue worries me. If the vehicle does have this "shudder" problem, how is it created? I would like to take it out for a test drive before I sign the papers and take delivery.

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:05 pm

First of all, I find it incredible that ANYONE would buy a new car without first driving it. It's just too big a ticket item to trust what others say about the vehicle and how do you know that you will experience the same impression unless you try it yourself?

That being said, you are not necessarily going to experience the shudder on your test drive, if AT ALL! Owners have said it took anywhere from a few miles to several thousand before it first appeared. No one knows what causes it or how many potential vehicles it will affect. Some have had their 2013 model over a year and have not experienced the problem even once. So needless to say, it's a crap shoot whether of not the vehicle you buy is affected.

Many owners are perturbed that Nissan is not publicly acknowledging the issue with a recall. The problem is, how do you have a recall if the cause is not known and the fixes are best guesses at most?

The car has a wonderful set of features and has attractive pricing for what it offers. Nissan is a solid company. So whether you bite the bullet and take a chance or wait it out due to your risk tolerance is only something that you can decide for yourself. There have been cases of buybacks, so as long as you document your troubles well and are backed by a good lemon law in your state, I think you will be okay.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Return to “R52 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”