squeeling sound up front when accelerating.

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

Farmer21

Postby Farmer21 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:26 pm

Ok so I did what you told me and checked the rubber seal around the intake box and re clamped down the box i still here it. However no nearly as loud or often. So I'm hoping that's what I need to replace. Thank u.

ihc.hiro

Postby ihc.hiro » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:31 pm

Hi, from what i could hear from your video, i had that exact sound on my Path. I will describe it as a strange vibration sound while revving up, for me it started sounding past 3.5k to 4k rpm while revving up and it stopped if i let go of the gas.
I checked the air filter housing and the center bottom clip was misaligned, leaving the housing open in that part. I fixed that, but the sound was still there.
Finally had it checked by my mechanic and after some testing by spraying some water here and there he told me that the culprit most definitely was the serpentine belt or the auto tensioner assembly as it was moving strangely.
I bought the parts and had them replaced this morning, the sound is gone now.
The replaced belt was in good shape, almost no wear but the auto tensioner didn't have the same range of movement as the new one, so in my case maybe the auto tensioner was the bat part.

Return to “R51 General Chat”