POWER WINDOWS NOT WORKING, HELP!

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

JDubb

POWER WINDOWS NOT WORKING, HELP!

Postby JDubb » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:26 pm

1999 Nissan Pathfinder

So as I was driving yesterday the window switches on the drivers side door stopped working, I tried the passenger side switch and it rolled the window down a little bit but it didn't roll it back up. The fuses seem fine, could this be a window regulator? Or something else?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:03 pm

Sounds more like a bad main switch on the driver's door by your description. You'll have to do some circuit checks to be sure.

Flock14

Postby Flock14 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:12 pm

I had this same issue... Is it where when you use the auto power window, it rolls it up, then drops it about an inch or two so that it is open again?

If so, the solution is so incredibly simple. There is a sensor in the window to prevent fingers getting rolled up, and the sensor is freaking out right now.

I had the same issue in a car I was going to buy, so when I took it in to a mechanics for an inspection, I mentioned the window and he fixed it free of charge (Nissan dealer mechanic).

The sensor is a little switch located in the driver's side door. You have to take off the door panel, hold the switch while you roll up the window (power window) and then release the switch.

Since then, the problem has yet to occur, and I ended up purchasing that 2001.5 pathy.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”