Traded the Pathy

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

MonkeyMike

Traded the Pathy

Postby MonkeyMike » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:40 pm

Well all.... it's been fun, but I've gone and traded in my Pathfinder.

We've got two kids in car seats, and the 2nd row leg room is simply too small... I had to drive with the front seats pulled forward, and it just got too uncomfortable.

So, we're on to a 2013 Toyota Highlander.

Anyway, I'll have some of my Pathfinder stuff up for sale in the near future. I had a bad habit of buying things that I thought I would have time to install, but, as I found out... you don't have free time anymore when you have 2 kids.

I will put up some threads in the "for sale" area, but generally I will have the following available (everything is new):
Airlift Helper Airbags
Rancho Suspension (front quicklift, rear shocks, rear spacer, PRG camber bolts)
Supersliders.

Thanks for all the info these last 5 years...

~mike

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Re: Traded the Pathy

Postby NVSteve » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:12 am

MonkeyMike wrote:
Thanks for all the info these last 5 years...

~mike
Many thanks to you as well! How about pics of the new ride? Isn't the 2014 Highlander going to be a redesign? Thought I saw that someplace. We looked at one also, but ended up with the X only because of the added interior space/dimensions, and the 4x4 prowess clinched the deal. Have fun with it.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:44 am

Yes, good luck and welcome to the "i'm too busy for me club". Highlander is a fine road vehicle and they've been on the short list for my wife the last 2-3 vehicles.

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:01 pm

Good luck with the new ride. I have two kids, and the youngest is still rear facing so he sits behind the passenger seat. I agree that it's not enough room.

Funny you bought a Highlander as I'm looking into purchasing another new used vehicle and it will probably be a Highlander. That way I can retire my 91 Prelude and takeover the Pathfinder from the wife. The Murano and Acura MDX are in the running too.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:37 pm

volvite wrote:The Murano and Acura MDX are in the running too.
I'm not sure how they shake out in the used market (Highlander is probably a lot cheaper) but wife bought a new MDX w/Tech for only a couple grand more than a new Ltd Highlander. They're heavily discounting the '13 MDX as the 2014 is an all new model coming this summer. Still might be a good time to buy a lightly used MDX since resale right now will be lower given the new pricing. My guess is, the used MDX prices will rebound once the '14 shows up with a price bump and no discounts.

Return to “R51 General Chat”