The Nissan Path Forum Index The Nissan Path
The World Wide Nissan Pathfinder Owner's Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Use Google to search TheNissanPath forums ->
Climate Control Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dwoodard170

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Climate Control Issue Reply with quote

2005 LE 4WD. 117K

The AC gets cold (at least as cold as it ever has) but evidently the mechanism that switches from defrost to feet to dash vents has or at least has almost failed completely. I have to go from full cold (setting) to full hot and in manual mode eventually I can usually get the cold to come out the dash, but sometimes it is hot on the passenger side. And sometimes not.

Any body know how the switching between all the different modes works on these things? At the auto parts store the clerk described some sort of valve system that is on some cars but he could not find anything on the Pathy.

I have searched the other posts relating to this and I have certainly experienced the crazy "auto" mode but this problem does not seem to be remedied by going manual.

Thanks again guys!

Dan
DanJetta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you have a malfunctioning selector control. Typically, manufacturers design the system so that it defaults to defrost (for safety) if this fails.

What you have to figure out is if it's a malfunctioning switch/dial or the valve motor. There is an in-depth diagnostic procedure in the service manual (free download). You have to take a bit of your dash apart.

I know AC troubles are highly annoying, so I feel for you!
dwoodard170

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dan. Great info. I think it may be the motor since the selected mode shows up on the screen (nav screen). It just labors to change modes. Come to think of it it does always start out in defrost. Never put that 2 and 2 together. I am gonna take it to the dealership tomorrow and see if they will diagnose it for me. Thanks.
DanJetta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great. Let us know what you find out.

Good luck!
dwoodard170

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dealer says I need a new ac control module and the can help me out for a cool $720 bucks.

I'm thinking the wife didn't need heat or air conditioning anyway!

Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Nissan Path Forum Index -> R51 General Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: