06' sirius radio antenna

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

dliao

06' sirius radio antenna

Postby dliao » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:41 pm

Hi All,

I have a 06' pathfinder with stock Bose radio + Sirius Radio. I recently had to replace the windshield and lost my Sirius Radio signal ever since. Currently the head unit just display "Antenna." My understanding is that the Sirius radio antenna is located on the top where the moonroof is (the shark fin looking thing). I know there's antenna on the original windshield to power the AM/FM, but the replacement windshield seem to have the same antenna sticker thing on it. The AM/FM works now, so I don't understand why Sirius Radio would say "Antenna"

Can anyone enlighten me on how and where to begin troubleshooting? Thank you so much!

volvite
Sponsored Member

Postby volvite » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:49 pm

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like when you had your windshield replaced, somehow your sat ant was unplugged. Not sure why or how this would have happened unless it was an inexperienced technician. I would take it back to the place that did the job and have them fix the issue. I've had my windshield replaced and never had this problem. I used safelite.

dliao

Postby dliao » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:41 pm

Hi Thank you for the warm welcome. I actually stayed for extra 1.5 hours after the windshield replacement trying to figure out where the problem might be. Eventually the technician just couldn't figure out where the problem is (he almost ripped the whole interior trip open) so i decided to leave.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”