was at the dealer, and guess what i saw?

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

doctahjones

was at the dealer, and guess what i saw?

Postby doctahjones » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:51 pm

another white LE v8! not sure of the year, but i sure do like mine better! (sorry it's a crappy cell picture)

too bad i couldn't have re-positioned mine to be right next to, and done some real comparison shots....and if i had my slr with me...

larger version here: http://thelabphotography.com/lab/galler ... 0277-2.jpg

BigEz

Postby BigEz » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:37 pm

Hard to find those V8s. Took me 6 months to find mine... in gray, LE 4x4. I still have a few of those Internet alerts active for any color V8 4x4 within a 300mile range, and I only get an alert maybe one a month.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:41 pm

yeah i hear ya. had to go to tyler to get mine (back when i lived in dallas). it was the closest one in autotrader that was v8 AND 4x4. i hated white, but the next closest was in Virginia and i wasn't going to drive that far...

and back in dallas i'd easily go 1-2 months without seeing another v8. but then i moved here to the denver area and there's 2 others in my neighborhood! really crazy.

BigEz

Postby BigEz » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:19 pm

That is good to know.. for when i start looking for an 2012 in about 3 years. :) I'm betting it was a much bigger seller in the Mountains than down here. Mine was a 3 owner that started as a lease vehicle in Ga.

akley88

Postby akley88 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:34 am

i wish i could have found a v8 at a reasonable price and mileage. but as far as comparison shots go i have been trying to get better comparison shots for awhile

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:52 am

One question for those that seek out the V8...why not an Armada? I specifically went for the PF because of the strong performance and fuel efficiency of the V6. I came out of a full-size prior to this and driving 25k miles a year wanted something a little better on fuel. However, if I wasn't looking for better mpg the Armada seems like a much better choice. Sometimes I regret going with the smaller vehicle and can't think of too many reasons it would be better than the full-size (maybe certain off-road trails). I thought of this yesterday when I went to lunch with a coworker who has an Armada. That thing is huge compared to the PF and he averages 15mpg which I doubt is much different than the V8 PF.

BigEz

Postby BigEz » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:28 am

My son-in-law has a new 13 Armada and it is very nice. I was thinking the same thing, an Armada next? But I'm not sure they come in 4x4? Or if any lift kits are available? I think he is getting about the same mileage or better.

The bigger size is a plus & minus for me. My prior SUV was a Excursion "da Beast" and as much as I loved it over the road, day to day use was harder because of it's size. Ohh.. and price. I think he paid near $50k!! Maybe when I'm ready to change the 2013 Armada will be under $20K... with Platnum trim pkg, 4x4, & leather?

Here is our comparison from the outside: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... 8819#58819
Last edited by BigEz on Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

NmexMAX

Postby NmexMAX » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:37 am

BigEz wrote:Hard to find those V8s. Took me 6 months to find mine... in gray, LE 4x4. I still have a few of those Internet alerts active for any color V8 4x4 within a 300mile range, and I only get an alert maybe one a month.
Same here, took about 8 months, until I finally said, heck with it and paid the Carmax Fee to transfer it over from the east coast.

Doctah, that is an awesome pic, great comparo.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:56 am

BigEz wrote:My son-in-law has a new 13 Armada and it is very nice. I was thinking the same thing, an Armada next? But I'm not sure they come in 4x4? Or if any lift kits are available? I think he is getting about the same mileage or better.

The bigger size is a plus & minus for me. My prior SUV was a Excursion "da Beast" and as much as I loved it over the road, day to day use was harder because of it's size.

Here is our comparison from the outside: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... 8819#58819
Nice comparison. Yes the Armada comes in 4x4 and it actually sits about an inch higher than the 2wd. It doesn't drive ANYTHING like an Excursion though. We had a few Excursions in our fleet at work years ago so I have seat time. The diesel was the advantage at the time but now we've gone to all Suburbans. Diesel just isn't cost effective anymore. We tried a couple Expedition XL's but they didn't hold up. The air suspension went into fail mode every time we went off-road (which is daily).

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:32 am

why not an armada? well i kinda would like to have one of those, especially when kids start to come along...

but for now i loved that you could get a v8 in a "smaller" (than aramada) package. i've always liked the mid-sized suv's, and it really did come down to this or the v8 4runner. however weight, interior room, and hp/tq ultimate won out so this is what i set out to get.

now had i know there were more parts for lifts/etc for the 4runner....i may have picked that, but i'm still extremely happy with my pathy and plan on driving (or at least owning) it until the wheels fall off.

akley88

Postby akley88 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:36 am

as far as lifts for the armadas. i believe there are more options for them then there is for us. the reason i didnt go with an armada was price for a used one in good condition with the same mileage that i got on my pathy was double. plus it was hard to convince my wife that we need a full size suv with no kids.

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:11 pm

The Armada is exhausting to drive anywhere but in the country. The Pathfinder is big enough to feel like a truck and small enough to handle in the city.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:39 pm

akley88 wrote:the reason i didnt go with an armada was price for a used one in good condition with the same mileage that i got on my pathy was double.
Yes full-size anything is very pricey. We recently traded a 2009 Suburban LTZ with 145k miles. Dealer gave $23k towards a Yukon Denali XL which was $60k at invoice less rebates. They're obviously going to ask mid-high $20's for it on their lot. I just can't see spending that kind of money on something with that many miles. More than I paid for my PF with 15k miles on it.

BigEz

Postby BigEz » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:32 am

akley88 wrote:as far as lifts for the armadas. i believe there are more options for them then there is for us.
Hmm... looks interesting... I guess in a few years a used one might be within my price point?

not on the rug

armada

Postby not on the rug » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:36 am

there are some really nice lifted and modded armadas over on clubarmada.com. when I first decided to get rid of the g35 and get another suv, I was looking at armadas and sequoias. I just didn't find anything I liked that I could afford, so I went pathfinder instead. no complaints though. not very many people really need a full sized suv

Return to “R51 General Chat”